Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Starbucks in Taipei

In the morning, I spent time at Starbucks in Taipei while waiting for my company. It's kind of stupid to spent 3 US dollars for a cup of coffee when you can get tapioca milk tea (my favorite) with 60 cents from street. But, I needed the Internet and a place where I can stay forever without worrying about being kicked out.

When I'm using my computer, a middle-aged man said something in Chinese. I assume that he asked something about my computer or the Internet connection, but of course, I didn't understand. I told him that I didn't speak Chinese in Chinese, but somehow he got interested in me and started conversation. My Chinese were so bad and basic, but he was so persistent to me a lot of question, such as where I was from, why I was in Taipei, who I was with, how long I was staying in Taiwan, what I do in the US, about Tokyo and Taipei... I think the "conversation" lasted almost 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment